Re: Plasma panels - what to choose?

Martin Greenwood wrote:

> At 21:55 06/05/2003 +1200, you wrote:
>
>>Playing with one (hitachi), the PC supports 1280x768, but the
analog
>>sampling of
>>the panel tries to lock on at 1024 pixels/line. This means that
some
>>pixels are
>>spread over 2 of them, the mouse shimmers when moved etc.
>>
>>Apparantly DVI solves this.
>

> Not sure about this, really you want to match the graphic card
resolution
> exactly with the panel resolution to avoid any resampling. Then even
with
> analog interface it should look good.

The panel is 1280x768, but when I have the PC set to that, it autodetects
it as
1024x768. Its passable since you dont really need the full resolution, but
the
shimmer when things move is annoying, as is ultra-fine text having L's and
I's
fade into the letters beside it.

TV on it looks vastly better via a tv tuner card and dscaler then the built
in
composite input too.

Got a cheap ati radeon on the way with DVI to use to see how it goes.