Re: Tosh RPTV

Paul Gordon wrote:
> Hi Doogie,
>
> If only you could have seen the things I tried!!
>
> Yes, at the moment, it is just balanced there and secured by nothing
more
> than the force of gravity. It is my ultimate intention to
"sling" the centre

Eeek! What are the (rough) dimensions of it? Does it feel reasonably
stable, or are you scared for it's safety if you walk across the room
too bouncily?

> speaker just behind the top edge of the screen, - as you know there is
quite
> a steeply raked plastic cover on the back, and not really anywhere to
get a
> convenient fixing. I have fixed 4 small screw-in eyes into the speaker
(the
> type used for holding up net curtains), to which I have attached
lengths of
> small-gauge, but sufficiently strong chain I plan to hopefully also
fix a
> couple of these small eyes into the rear edge of the cabinet and fix
the
> chain to it such that the speaker sits on the back cover of the set,
> (therefore the speaker will be firing up at a 45-degree angle)

LOL! Sounds.... interesting! My problem with that would be that my set
is already up pretty high, and I've got pretty high ceilings, so it'd
travel a fair bit up, before bouncing back down etc.

When I eventually get around to buying a centre, I may just go with what
I was thinking - basically increasing the depth of the AV cabinet by
overhanging a bit of wood that the TV would then sit on. The speaker
would be beneath the screen. The wood would be screwed to the AV
cabinet, so as to not have any see-saw antics between TV and centre :-D

Unfortunately, in the optimum position in my room that it's in just now,
it has a window directly behind it (blackout blinds etc) which makes any
sort of shelf above and behind the TV a non starter.... :S

> However, in the light of the possibility of wanting to sell the set in
6-8
> months, I think I'll hold off on that plan for now... although the
holes
> produced by the eyes are tiny, it would still mean that I could no
longer
> describe it accurately as being in perfect factory condition...

Yeah. What are you thinking about getting? Another RPTV, front
projection, plasma etc?

--
Doogie