Re: [OT] Water or refrigeration PC cooling

Ian, I would love to see your project, if you can pull it off (it has been
=
tried in various media, by different people with limitted success), please
=
let me know how it goes on. On a slightly sour note on liquid cooling, i
am=
just rebuilding a friends rig, which was liquid cooled (processor and gpu)=
and one of the silicone pipes failed, water and PCs dont mix (that is =A31=
200 he just lost) it took out every component in the case. The best liquid
=
cooled rig is owned by a friend of mine, who has a mini radiator bolted to
=
his outside wall as a heat exchanger, and a pair of braided hoses running
t=
hrough the wall connected to it (suffice to say he doesnt use it in
winter)=
. If you want to see pretty though, the new perspex cases look sweet, with
=
cold cathodes, illuminated fans and neon string in them.
Personally I am now getting into small form factor PCs, like shuttles and
t=
he VIA Epia boards (ideal for HA applications). I am just building a PVR
an=
d MP3 server in SFF at the moment. I know it wont be upto TiVo standards,
b=
ut i will be able to stream my divx movies of my main server to it and
usin=
g showshifter pro i can burn my archived programs onto DVD in either MPEG
o=
r DiVX and i dont have to pay a subscription for an EPG.

Simon
----- Original Message -----=20