RE: Autom8it nolonger free?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Autom8it nolonger free?
  • From: "Michael McAree" <michaelj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 23:57:11 +0100

Jim always stated that it would not always be free. As a Homeseer user I
don't think I have the time to make a changover but I agree with other
posters - Homeseer and all the plugins are getting more and more
expensive. I paid $39.95 for Homeseer and it is now $150 plus a futher
$40 if you want Homeseer phone. Autom8it is $60 all in - with all the
plugins. For the new user I'd go for Autom8it as it looks to have the
same feel as Homeseer. You also get the oppourtunity to trial it for 30
days FFS!! The only reason I still use Homeseer is because of Patrick
Lidstones plugins for Meteor (which Autom8it has), Comfort and Wserver.
If I could not get support for these I'd be looking elsewhere!
BTW I could see this coming as I'm sure Jim wanted to get a
stable/chargable version ready for the UKHA 2003 meeting.
Just my 0.02p

Michael