From: ian.bird@xxxxxxx
[mailto:ian.bird@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 25 April 2003 13:07
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] RE: Nigel Orrs IR and Ians PC circuit

Stuart

Could you do a digital picture of the one we made up for you. I remember
it was ludicrously simple and a picture is worth a thousand words.

Ian

Stuart Whyte <lists@xxxxxxx>
25/04/2003 12:20
Please respond to ukha_d

To:     "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
cc:

Rob

>From memory I thing it is the rts line from the serial port.  This goes
through a resistor to a transistor.  The output from the transistor goes
the bus line on the ir circuit.  You must also common the grounds on the
other side of the transistor, the serial port and the IR circuit.

Hope this comes out ok:

Transistor                              IR
Circuit

/
Serial port(RTS)---------resistor---------
\