RE: NOW: Movies from hard disk WAS: VFD Questions

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: NOW: Movies from hard disk WAS: VFD Questions
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 12:04:27 -0000

True ... But basically what it comes down to is a combination of things.

1) AFAIK there is no Divx playback support on the RealMagic Hollywood
Plus cards (I may be wrong there but I haven't seen any.)

2) Unreasonable as it may seem I just don't want to re-lossily encode
something that has already been lossily encoded.

The overall storage required per full DVD (including extras) is about
6Gb / =A36 on average which in isolation isn't bad at all - it's just that
when starting with a collection of almost 300 movies then it gets a bit
demanding on initial financial input - especially with the prospect of
another 0.5Tb of MP3's as well.

Phil

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to