From: "Paul" <groups@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 4:28 PM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Microphones

I got mine a bit cheaper than that from a local professional audio
supplier. You could try having a
search, I think they're reasonably widely available but would normally ship
to order. I've not heard
of any other mic that's suitable so far (not many people use HA voice
recognition as it's still
limited technically). I also use a Shure automatic, intelligent mic mixer
(quite expensive though)
to feed 8 (from memory) sources into my HA server sound card. These mics
are very good - they're
designed to pickup voice frequencies and roll off lower frequency
interference such as HVAC.

The crown mics are a US design and so fit a standard US 'J' box (single
gang). These are pretty much
impossible to come by in the UK through normal 'Electrical Wholesalers' etc
but the likes of
LetsAutomate and certainly Laser do them. You could also screw them
directly to the wall given a
suitable size cutout for the box on the back of the plate.

I've put a few pics on my gallery for you:

http://www.siliconpixel.com/Gallery/

Paul.