Re: Re: [TiVo] Extraction the easy way

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 11:47:26 -0000, "aashram"
<groups@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

>you can extract stright to mpeg with tytools now

Do you happen to know if the new TyTools copes with looooong
recordings on TiVo any better?

I extracted a 3.5hour show (World Superbikes @ Valencia, fact fans)
which looked like it ought to end up with about 9.5Gb of data (ack!).
Instead I got 4Gb of data which cut off shortly after the start of the
Supersports round. Luckily I had thought to stop TiVo and restart it
before the 2nd WSB race.

4Gb though. That made me think it was a programming size limitation in
the s/w.

Do I have to manually edit the recording times on long shows to keep
files under, oh, 1.5 hours long??

I get 2.5Gb of data for a 1 hour show at Best Quality recording level,
so 1.5 hours is approx 4Gb.

Stuart
--
Stuart Booth
Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

stuart@xxxxxxx

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx