Re: OT Coffee machine

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: OT Coffee machine
  • From: "patricklidstone" <patrick@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:30:25 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Doogie Brodie <ukhad@d...> wrote:
> aashram wrote:
> > After recent trip to the states I fell in love with the coffee.
> > I am after a normal glass jug type coffee machine which
> > is gonna give me good coffee. Any recommendations
> > I bought a Russell Hobbs one and had to throw it
> > out it was that bad :-)
>
> A standard drip filter coffee maker?
>
> As far as I was concerned, they were all a much of a muchness,
until I
> read on www.coffeekid.com that most of them don't heat the water to
> ideal temperature, most go too cold..... but coffeekid's machine
advice
> is more geared towards what is available in the states.

I'd think twice about a drip-filter machine. When my last drip
machine expired a couple of years ago, I replaced it with a high-end
Krups "Orchestro" model which grinds the beans in-situ and can
prepare a conventional american "long" coffee, as well as various
other styles including espresso and cappucino, by the cup. Since each
cup is made on-demand, the water is at the right temperature and the
coffee is fresh. I love it, visitors frequently rave about the coffee
it produces. Of course, this all comes at a price - it depends how
fanatical you are about your coffee I guess.

Patrick

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx