Re: Re: Are you interested in VoIP ?

Andy,

I am new too in this filed, but please explain why my NAT firewall (a
Netgear MR314) works with SIP without any special configuration, even with
several software ip phones behind?
I can initiate and answer outside calls without any port redirection or
something like that.

I talk about FWD, where a special proxy and port pair is used for NAT
connections (different from the one for direct connection)

Thank you,
Dan

> Other issues involve the traversal of SIP over NAT. If your firewall
is
not SIP aware then
> you need to open a few ports and use port redirection. This means that
you
could only
http://www.intertex.se/products/default.asp?iMenuID=110&iItemID=54

> If you want any more info let me know, I'm no expert but I have
learned an
awful lot over this

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx