RE: Yahoo groups... Was Re: TiVo TY to DVD

> On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 12:18, Paul wrote:
> > I think it's a good idea - the main list seems to be getting
quieter at
> > times (or is that just my perception as I'm monitoring it more
closely
> > now?). There is invariably discussion of interest on the splinter
groups
> > that I don't see anyway.

Depends on the volume of data.
Someone suggested lat time this was debated that a topic might start off on
UKHA_D, move to a splinter group when the volume became too great for the
masses (eg xAP - of interest to many, but the actual nuts and bolts of
defining
the standard perhaps less so - most ppl I'm sure just want to get on and
use
it!), and then if/when the initial excitement and volume died, it might
move
back to UKHA.
When UKHA_TiVo started for example, there was a lot of posting going on as
loads of ppl got in on cheap deals etc, whereas the last few months it's
been
fairly quiet, so maybe a return to the fold is warranted.
OTOH, TiVoish ppl outside UKHA_D would join UKHA_TiVo, who perhaps wouldn't
be
interesed in UKHA_D.....

So pro's and con's to both ways of doing things - personally not bothered
as
long as the volume is managable - ATM, I can hive the various groups off to
different folders and examine/igonre at my leisure.  Less easy to do this
for a
monolithic group......

T.

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx