Re: One for the audio boys

Steve,

An amp is not required...

I am assuming from what you write that your TV has "speaker outs"
for the rear
channels - ie terminal that expect you to plug in a speaker cable.

Assuming that this is so, then what you need is a "Speaker Source
Switch". (For
example, Maplins part number - NA34M - I'm not specifically recommending
this
one, but it proves that you can get what you need for a tenner.)

You then run speaker cable (stereo pairs) as follows:

- From TV Rear Outs, to "Input 1" on source switch
- From Rio Speaker Outs, to "Input 2" on source switch
- From Source Switch Outs to the speakers

Sadly, this is a manual switch - getting anything remote controlled
realistically DOES involve buying an amp.

Regards,

Mark

Quoting steve.cooper@xxxxxxx:

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx