xAP Update

Dear all,

Well, the big news is the world of xAP is that the Yahoo! lists have
gone. I'm sure that all UKHA_Ders are well aware of why, and know
that we're trying to get it back.

In the meantime, thanks to Ian Lowe, we have a (we hope) up to date
record of all Vendor IDs. If you require an extra vendor ID, please
mail me directly on my mark@xxxxxxx address.

We WILL be at UKHA2003. In addition to a "What is xAP", there'll
be
live Demo, and, if people are interested a "coders clinic"? Would
this be of interest? If so, in which languages/platforms?

One of the things I'm trying to piece together for the site is a list
of all the xAP plugins/connectors currently being worked on - sadly I
don't have the messages from the xAP list, so don't have complete
records. Nor do I have "names to projects". However, from memory,
I'm
aware of the following.

- If you are working on any of these, please let me know (partly so
we can prevent two people developing the same bit of software.)

- Likewise, if you're working on anything NOT on this list, please
let me know. Not because I want to control what you're doing, but
because of the overlap problem - if two people are working on the
same thing, I'll put them in touch with each other.

I will release a list with names and "status" in a few days,
assuming
you can all let me know :-)

Here's what I think people are working on. Probably 50% is released
in some for or another.

Controller Stuff:
- MisterHouse
- AutoM8it
- HomeVision
- IRC Bot (control your house from an IRC channel)
- CM12U
- Comfort
- Falcom SMS
- Scripting for Python

Audio Stuff:
- Exstreamer
- Audiotron
- Rio
- SliMP3
- Some Windows-based MP3 playing software, but I can't remember which
- Controller for Meridian Audio equipment

Lighting Stuff: (non-X10)
- C-BUS
- Polaron

Telemetry / inputs:
- Meteor CLI
- Barcode scanner (Scanteam 3400)
- POP3 mailbox poller
- MAPI/IMAP mailbox poller
- Internet Dialup monitor
- Quasar temperature sensor
- WM918 weather station

Outputs:
- TiVo
- VFD / LCD (serial)
- CCTV camera switcher

Pure-xAP stuff:
- Web server / cache
- Hubs for Windows and Linux
- Test harness (send and receive) for Windows and Linux
- Scheduler

Regards,

Mark Harrison
xAP Project Manager