RE: Query on Rating

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Query on Rating
  • From: "Des Gibbons" <des@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 21:42:24 -0000

Hi Frank,

> > Does the pink stuff have each individual wire insulation rated at
mains
> > voltage, I doubt it, which means even if using it, you will
> still have LV
> > rated wires in the consumer unit, even if only a few cm's of
each. Which
> > sort of negates the point of using it at all?
>
> Doesnt look like it to me......It looks just like normal cat5 cable to
me
> ...Im assuming the outer sheath is rated at 240v.....You wouldnt need
> strip the cat5 inside the consumer unit as it just plugs in to a
> rj45 socket
> on the C_Bus dimmer module ..Theres 2 rj45 sockets on each module for
> looping in and out to next module....

Ah, right, I wasn't thinking of using it for Cbus, but for a DIN rail
mounted relay, as it is only one relay, I can just use some single core
mains rated wire and a junction box.

> > Did you get any of the pink cat5 yet? Any idea on cost? My
Parents might
> > have a heavy suitcase next time they come back from NZ, lol.
>
> No i havnt bought any ..i think its almost twice the price of
> standard cat5
> stuff..only advantage  i see is you can easily spot the C-bus
> network cable
> if fault finding.........

Good point!

> LOL.... just imagine the bags being scanned at customs........When i
came
> out here back in 1977 my suitcase was full up with components and
boxes im
> surprized i made it to Heathrow airport....

Lol, You can imagine the fun I had bringing a 40' container from NI to NZ,
and then bringing it back again! Our scedule of contenets ran to 120 A4
pages, and the only thing they queried was a wicker basket, and a gun
controller for the playstation! ( it was listed as PSX gun :))

Mind you, they did mention the 9 arcade games, pinball machine and 2 x
45"
RP TV's  with a raised eyebrow, lol.

Cheers, Des.