RE: Maximum distance to NTL cable box

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Maximum distance to NTL cable box
  • From: "Alex Monaghan" <ha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:11:48 -0000

Mine goes up the outside wall, into the loft to a splitter (the previous
occupant had Sky in the lounge & Cable in the bedroom) all the way to
the
back of the house, down into the airing cupboard, though the wall into the
office (will sort out the run when I redo the office cabling !) and still
needs an attenuator as the signal's too strong for the cable modem. And...
I'm picking up the digital TV, local analogue signal and FM hook-up from
the
other split.

My previous house had the cable box at the front and the lounge at the
back,
so the cable had to go round the side and almost the width at the back.

Guess the main factor is local signal strength.