RE: Re: Thermostat with RS232

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Thermostat with RS232
  • From: "Dean Smith" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 18:05:19 -0000

Patrick

I do have Comfort - but hadnt realised the 1st 8 Inputs were Analogue
Capable. I'm happy to use comfort as the intelligence, as I said I have
relays via comfort already to override the time controller so with some
rejigging it could be run 100% from Comfort. I have Homeseer and a UCM in
conjuction with your Plug-In is on the "buy-soon" list so would
have all the
control via Pronto/X10/Web I need.

I was browsing both the Maplin and Quasar sites last night and there were
several kits which seemed to come desperately close to doing the job for
not
a lot. In particular 2 looked promising:-

FE33L - Temp Module (?9.99!) gives High/Low Temp outputs, LCD Temp Reading,
Serial Out.
It just seemed to be missing serial In - though for that price I will
probably get one to play with.

VY39N / K6502 - Thermostat with Telephone control (79.99). Subsitute RS232
for DTMF/Phone and again its complete.

There was also an American site selling small tmep related kits using
Dallas
sensors.

I'm keen to use my new Soldering Iron again ;-) so maybe I'll keep
investigating these options for now...

Dean