RE: Rio receiver control

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Rio receiver control
  • From: "Tony T" <tony@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 17:51:45 +0100

> As I find controlling the Rio/DDAR painful using the remote and
> (particularly) it's own display,

Or you could try rioplayXPL ;-)

Based on rioplay (with a couple of bug fixes)

Full control via xpl messages
e.g. vbscript to wake you up to your favourite music and increase volume if
you don't get up

Control individual or groups of units

Use rio remote for zoned ir to send xpl messages to control other stuff
(lights or whatever) or set a scene

On board web interface with status and remote control

Display the rio menu's on a tivo

Also, an asp web interface that communicates with the server (jrec/original
etc), lets you select artist/album/track alpahabetically, playlists,
shoutcast streams. Remote control any unit or a group of units.
(this will be rewritten in java at some point probably)

Also, by using purely xpl (or xpl web interface) to control the rio lifts
the limit on the number of tracks that can be listed.

This new version will be available in a couple of weeks, once we have our
port allocation.

Planned additions in later releases are:
Add a menu of xpl commands to the rio front panel display
Voice announcements
Unit synchronisation

Regards
Tony T