X10 Modules

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: X10 Modules
  • From: "Simon Brazier" <simon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 14:11:03 -0000 (GMT)

I need to make a mains socket switchable using X10. I don't need local
control as it will all be run from Homeseer, but I can't just plug an
Appliance or Lamp module into the socket due to space limitations.

I've looked at the AWM2 module which seems to do what I want it to do, but
before I part with £69, can anyone tell me if these modules do actually
fit behind a UK double socket plate, and also if they can just be operated
remotely without any problems ?

Would it be sufficient to just connect the two control wires permanently
together instead of having a local switch ?

Cheers