RE: Anyone know anything about Fujitsu LCD Screens ?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Anyone know anything about Fujitsu LCD Screens ?
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 15:44:01 +0100

Marc,

See below, Cheers,

Tim H.

Errm, thanks, <blush> :-)

> Yes, the item on that website is what I have here, but
> obviously only the
> screen. I bought the item from a guy who was selling it on ebay. I was
> planning on using it for a HAPC project, but I am getting the
> feeling that I
> am well out of my league here.

Nah, it should be pretty straight forward - the touchscreen drivers are
available, the DFP cable is available (at least in the US if not here) and
the PSU issues can be worked around :-)

> So, I can buy a new video card with a DVI connector, and was
> looking at
> something like this:
> http://www.computergate.com/products/item.cfm?prodcd=AVGBTI2DVI
> <http://www.computergate.com/products/item.cfm?prodcd=AVGBTI2DVI>
.

Not my speciality I'm afraid (i.e. I don't know if it's better or worse
than any other card). From the "ramelectronics" site, as long as
the card will do DVI-I, DVI-D or P&D it should be just a pin-out
conversion via a standard cable.

> And from looking at that website you provided, the cable, part no.
> S4117.5303 would do the job ?

Looks good :-)

> So that only leaves the power supply problem. Now, I'm a
> novice at this sort
> of thing, so forgive me for the stupid questions, but how do
> I go about
> finding a compatible power supply ?

A desktop PC supply has both 5V & 12V. If you open up the case of the
screen (usual disclaimers - all at your own risk etc. :-)  ) you *may* find
the motherboard has 5V & 12V printed on it allowing you to trace these
back to pins on the PSU connector. I've not found a compatible connector
yet, although I've not really been looking :-)

> Really appreciate your help.

No problem - just keep us posted as to how you get on ! Oh, and make sure
you post pictures of your progress :-)

+