Re: Sharing a Blue yonder connection

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Sharing a Blue yonder connection
  • From: "paul_watkin" <paul_watkin@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 11:46:40 -0000

Complete change of plans, now looking at wireless LAN options, is the
WRT54G from Linksys a good buy or is Wireless-G something to stick
away from for the time being?? The reviews I have seen seem to slate
it's performance in a mixed b and g environment. (Have an Ipaq to
connect as well now!)

My other option is to just buy the wired BEFSR41 now and live with a
cable crossing the dinning room (and no Ipaq) and wait for the final
g standard and some 2nd generation 802.11b and g combined kit to hit
the shops

Thoughts??

Paul

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "paul_watkin" <paul_watkin@y...>

wrote:
> > Paul, You need either one of these:
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/d1ug
> >
> > or one of these:
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/d1ui
> >
> > I've got one of the top ones and I've installed 2 of the bottom
> ones for
> > friends.
> >
> > Very easy to set up.
> >
> > Don

ADSL
> > > from Easynet where I am now) what do I need to buy in order
that
> the
> > > broadband connection from Telewest is shareable between
4PC's
on a