RE: [OT] 2Mbit ADSL

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [OT] 2Mbit ADSL
  • From: "K. C. Li" <li@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 11:33:32 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Paul wrote:

> Have a look at the review of the Cyclone 200 at ADSLguide:
>
> http://www.adslguide.org.uk/hardware/reviews/2003/q2/neteyes_cyclone200.asp
>
> Appears that load balancing of common protocols can be pretty messy
and falls over a lot!

It does say the Cyclone is not very intelligent in terms of packet
routing and that newer firmware was available but not tested.

> Don't know if the Firebrick solution suffers from this as well?

I don't know but I would tend to trust what A&A is offering as
commercially stable. I don't think A&A would offer an unstable product
and
people wouldn't accept it either. You might like to contact them for
further details. They appear a friendly and knowledgeable bunch.

Regards,

Kwong Li
li@xxxxxxx
Laser Business Systems Ltd.