Re: Re: Momentary switches

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Re: Momentary switches
  • From: Mark Taylor <mhctaylor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 14:06:43 +0100 (BST)

Very nice indeed - unfortunately I dont do Italian :-(

These are the sort of thing that would convince me to
go X10!

Cheers
Mark

--- egelbeertje <r_d_k@xxxxxxx> wrote:
---------------------------------
Nice Italian designs : (CE approved so should be
available in UK as
well)

http://www.bticino.it/bticino/enduser/prodotti/1127_grafiti.jhtml;jses
sionid=0UYMN0YVU5KDKCQ52EKSFEQ

rgds,
Rob

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul" <groups@s...>
wrote:
> A momentary switch is one that only makes contact
for as long as
you push/pull or otherwise interact with it. The
dimmer switch that
you mention won't be momentary - push and it makes
contact
(permanently) until you push it again and it breaks
contact - a
toggle action.

> Momentary switches aren't too common as the vast
majority of
lighting systems don't operate in this way. You tend
to find these
switches being used for 'bell push' or other signaling
applications,
which is why a lot of them to be found in electrical
wholesalers
have 'push' or pictures of bells on them! They tend to
have a high
push resistance (i.e. stiff) in my experience.

> Two makes that are widely used in HA are the type
Clipsal and
Wandsworth make.

> I have the Wandsworth make all around my house. IMO
they're far
more aesthetic that the plastic clipsal ones and come
in a huge range
of finishes (I have the solid metal brushed aluminium
type). Pics on
the Yahoo group pics page or on my HA pics website:

> http://www.siliconpixel.com/Gallery/HomeAutomation
>

> (in the crown mic album)
>
> Paul.

dimmer switch
> that you push on and off rather than turn on and off
momentary???

> Cheers
> Mark
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17
05041992:HM/A=1564416/R=0/SIG=11ti81skc/*http:/www.netflix.com/Default
?mqso=60164797&partid=3170658>

>   <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1564416/rand=520
869790>