Re: OTish - Digital Wireless Phones

> 1) Shared phonebook, so you don't have to enter phone numbers on each
> phone.

Philips Zenia Voice has this feature.  You get a shared phonebook and a
private
one per handset if you wish.

> > A decent amount of numbers would be good.
> Usually the maximum now is around 200 items (in each handset)

it's either 100 or 200, can't remember exactly.....

> > 2) Phonebook lookup on CLI match, so you get a name rather than
just a
> > number.

yep, got that.

> > 3) Decent range, though so long as it will go 50ft through walls
etc (not
> > through 50ft walls I hasten to add), with decent quality that
would be ok.

Haven't tested the limit of the ranger, but DECT phones are usually rated
50m
indoors, 300m outdoors, so 50foot should be no problem.

> > 4) Internal calls, handset to handset.

yep.

> > 5) Speakerphone on one or more handsets.

emm..dunno, but the base station has a speakerphone- the base station is
itself
a complete phone and can be used to make/receive calls.

> > 6) Some sort of connectivity allowing you to update/synchronise
numbers
> etc
> > from another source. A bit pie in the sky I expect this one.

lol, no chace :)

> > 7) Built in answering machine.

yep.

> > I'm looking for a package of 3 or 4 phones in case that makes any
> > difference.

You can buy singly or as a set of two.  Further Additional handsets can be
bought separately.

I got a refurbished set for 1/2 nothign somewhere on the web (soz, can't
remember where) and apart from a bit of chipping on the facia, they seemed
fine - though SWMBO claims that one of them sometimes doesn't answer &
you have
to press the answer button twice.  Whether this is due to them being
refurb, or
an actual problem with the sets, I don't know.....

HTH,

Tony