Re: FirM

Hi Paul

> FirM would be perfect for
>me if it would be possible for the receiver to go >into a standard
UK back
>box.

Hopefully one of the UKHA guys is sending me a sample so i can get my rx
board modded before i order  my next batch...A standard box is the small
one ??? yes??

>I'd also like to be able to use FirM with HomeBrain rather than
HomeVision

So long as HomeBrain can generate the ir modulated signal and has some i/o
then it should not be a problem...Not sure if you are aware is that
Homevision generates the Modulated ir signal.......
Also HomeBrain would need to capture and decode the ir signal passed by
FirM .....Can be passed either modulated via ir led or unmodulated......

>I'm getting C-Bus and am convinced HomeBrain will serve me better. From
>talking to David Buckley at UKHA2003, it looks like HomeBrain will be
able
>to do this out of the box because it has digital IO ports that can be
used
>for this.

Good Stuff ;-))HomeBrain sounds quite good nice to see a UK HA product...

Although im not sure if you have  been shown the logic programming for
C_Bus...at the moment its a little limited IMHO......

>But FirM won't be of any use to me until I can get HomeBrain, or until
>there's a PC interface.

When will Homebrain be available ?? I have heard July ??

There is a pc interface but it currently only being only used in a "Mr
House" enviroment ...but Glenn Sullivan is working on software that he
hopes will allow people to use most HA softwre with FirM using a
Plugin.........

>Somebody else mentioned about the website - I think it looks more like
>one-off home project that somebody has rather than a product that's for
>sale. So a change there may help.

Quite correct.......unfortunetly my Web Design skills are lacking
somewhat......I,ll see what i can do ......

Thanks for the feedback

Frank

My house is nearly ready for some IR distribution. FirM would be perfect
for
me if it would be possible for the receiver to go into a standard UK back
box. Without that, I would have to try and mix FirM and Xantech or
something
like that. Some rooms don't need IR tx, only rx. Those rooms really need
something in the wall - I've cabled for this next to the light switches.

I'd also like to be able to use FirM with HomeBrain rather than HomeVision
-
I'm getting C-Bus and am convinced HomeBrain will serve me better. From
talking to David Buckley at UKHA2003, it looks like HomeBrain will be able
to do this out of the box because it has digital IO ports that can be used
for this.

But FirM won't be of any use to me until I can get HomeBrain, or until
there's a PC interface.

Somebody else mentioned about the website - I think it looks more like a
one-off home project that somebody has rather than a product that's for
sale. So a change there may help.

HTH
Paul