RE: FirM

Hi Frank,
I'm still looking for my home IR solution, and FirM is very high on my
list, but still has some drawbacks that prevented me from buying.
- I want to place single size dry lining box in each room end put IR
transmitter/receiver behind faceplate. Your Tx/Rx es cannot fit into UK
wallboxes, and I cannot leave them dangling high on the wall, so I'm
stuck there. You might try to re-design them, so they can nicely fit in
a box and we can choose faceplate.
- controller should come with some PC software, which is independent of
other controllers. That would widen your market significantly, e.g. I
don't want to purchase Autom8it, just to drive FirM controller. I would
like to be able to configure: "When signal x comes from zone n, then
transmit signal y in zone m" and similar combinations (sending signal
in multiple zones, or signal y could be the same as signal x).
Plug-ins for controllers might come later, but with this independent
software, you can have working system, no matter what other software
users have. They can develop drivers and plug-ins if you keep FirM open.
- I have no problem buying a kit, if there's significant price
difference. If not, I would probably not bother. Completed system will
be probably tested. Probably, most people will prefer assembled
solution.
- Price of about =A3100 is O.K. I think that's a magic figure around which
most of the members of the group won't hesitate to spend on new toys
(even if they don't even use it immediately). When you go above =A3150, I
think, people start thinking more, do they really need it :-). But of
course, that's all individual.
Therefore, if you can make that the price of basic kit (Controller, 2 x
Tx/Rx, software) is up to =A3150, it can easily be bestseller for IR
control.=20
=20
Cheers,
Nik