RE: Re: Local control of x10 modules

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Local control of x10 modules
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 13:47:06 +0100

> I guess you've seen this well known site about hacking X-10 modules:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/ido_bartana/toc.htm
>
> and this page in particular?

http://www.geocities.com/ido_bartana/Modifying_Appliance_module.htm#Modifyin
g%20appliance%20modules%20for%20local%20control

> Given the way the current sensing mechanism works for local
> control, it certainly *should* be possible to get it working!
>
> Patrick

I really *MUST* throw my oar in here ... If you know what you're doing with
circuits and electronics (and electricity) then the information on these
pages is usefull. However for those who *DON'T* know what they're doing
then
to go delving into modules ignorantly is likely to involve at best the
popping of a few RCDs ... Hopefully nothing more.

Ian's suggestion of not f*cking with LM12 and AM12 modules and just using
LD11/AD10 modules instead is sound and the best option to stop people
without electronics knowledge frying their asses accidentally.

Has anyone considered the consequences of modifying modules and a modified
module either setting light to a house or killing someone...

Phil