Re: Floor lighting effects at Eurovision

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Floor lighting effects at Eurovision
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 21:03:12 -0000

LED Video walls are SERIOUSLY bright.

I stood in front of a 600 mm square panel at the PLASA show a couple
of years ago and I cast a shadow on the wall about 2 metres behind
me. They are the type of screens used in sports stadiums in broad
daylight and are perfectly legible. They have to be huge though
because the pixel size is about 8mm as that it about the smallest
space they can cram 3 high brightness LED's into. They are usually
only VGA resolution but from the typical viewing distance of tens of
metres they appear to give a good quality display.

Keith

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Mick Furlong" <hiltoneltd@y...>
wrote:
> Now you say it you can see the joins....I want one for my
patio...it would