RE: Re: Video circuit working but dark

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Video circuit working but dark
  • From: "Paul" <groups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 18:36:18 +0100

Just how big is your garden that you can fit a full size golf course=20
in it ??? (pic4) :-)=20

Does look good doesn't it? - Did you also like the quality of 'CCTV'
camera=
s as well (only around =A330K a go!).

Thanks for offering to build the circuit. Did you see my post about having
=
fixed the circuit now? - Dan's suggestion of swapping R8 and R9 for 1K
work=
ed a treat (maybe this was due to IC1 having a different gain from the
orig=
inal specified part???).

I could do with some advice on wiring the circuits up WRT shielding and
gro=
unding. Some of the questions I have are:

1) Need to check how I should deal with the shielding from the video feed
-=
does it go to AC ground i.e. grounded to the rack (which is hard to avoid =
anyway as the BNC connectors do this). I currently have the shield of the
c=
oax video feed and output on the test circuit going to the PSU common - is
=
this correct (get a nice picture) - how should it be wired when in the
rack=
i.e. does the common also go to AC GND???

2) Do I need the shield the internal cables running from the BNC
connectors=
to the PCB? And ideally what type of cable should I use? I have some CT100=
(too cumbersome) or audio coax cable lying around. Should the shield wire =
be connected to anything apart from the shield connector of the BNC plug?

3) I need to check my dual amplifier version of this circuit (which I've
dr=
awn up) I don't think I need a second set of C2 and C3 capacitors (from
sup=
ply pins of IC to GND).

I'm going to work on the veroboard version of this circuit and start
mounti=
ng the BNC connectors on the panel tonight and tomorrow.

Thanks,

Paul.