Cable logistics

I am deep in cable. Unlike the advice I've seen, I am not terminating as I
go...this will be a huge job at the end. I guess that means I'm assuming
all
the cable I'm laying will "work". Is this likely to cause me
problems (apart
>from

But when it comes to terminating in my rack (ya gotta love ebay) I'm not
sure how to lay stuff out.

If I try to keep all telephone cables together (for example), then when I
change the use of a telephone outlet to something else, or change a LAN
cable to be used for telephone, the terminations in the rack will no longer
be consistent.

OTOH I guess the rack is more likely to be spaghetti if I have to patch a
LAN hub to ports spread out all over the place etc.

Do people generally group cat5 in a rack according to the location they go
to, or by the purpose that you think they will have at installation time?
Does it make much difference?

Thanks,
Paul