RE: OT: USB Watch

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT: USB Watch
  • From: "Nikola Kasic" <nikola@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 16:59:01 +0100

After a couple of e-mails to LAKS, this is what I've got for 256MB
version:
=20
Austrian tax is 20% So the watch including tax and shipping costs would
be =88 155,-
=20
Best regards
=20
LAKS
Cartagena Handels GmbH
Franzosengraben 7
A-1030 Wien
Tel:  +43 1 799 15 85
Fax: +43 1 799 10 66
=20
I asked for shipping to UK, so It's cheaper then Tornado, if that would
really be the price and it's not just a teaser.
=20
Regarding water this is from manual:
l            protect the USB plug from salt water or any corrosive
liquid to ensure the reliable connection.

l            make sure the plug is dry before you connect UMSD to
computer in case the humidity results in short circuit which might
damage your computer in succession.=20

=20

Which is understandable. I just wonder how protected plug is against the
corrosion. If you are carrying it around it's sure that it will be soon
exposed to humidity (hand washing, rain etc.) I wouldn't like it to
catch corrosion after two weeks. Gold plated connector would give mo
more assurance.=20

=20

Nik