Re: On Screen Display Project Board

Keith, do you remember Genlock from the days of Amiga ?

We could then mix computer video + composite TV signal.  That kind
of stuff would be ideal for on screen displays if it still exists
and been upgraded to something like SVideo or RGB....

I just found this link (upgraded version), although, it's a "bit"
pricey

http://www.micronica.com.au/catalog/genlock/

regards

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Keith Doxey" <ukha@d...> wrote:
> The STV5730A chip itself could work on just one of the colour
signals to
> give you a grren overlay but it also has RGB capability although
the
> circuitry would be more complex. I havent tried that yet but there
is a
> description.
>
> The HomeVison would need to be modified to work with RGB as it
wouldnt have
> any sync on the colour signals. It may be possible to use HV on S-
Video
> (Y/C) or Component (Y-Cr-Cb)(YUV) by feeding the Y signal via
Homevision.
> This would give overlay in Monochrome only as you are adding it to
the
> Luminance signal which also carries the sync.
>
> You would need to add some extra length to the Chroma or Cr-Cb/UV
leads to
> ensure that all signal paths were the same length otherwise the
colours
> would shift left or right of the image detail. You also would only
be able
> to do this in Video Overlay mode not Solid Background  mode
because the
> background would come out a shade of grey with white text and the
colour
> information from the original signal would still be reaching the
display.
> the sync would also be internal so the coloured splogde may also
be sliding
> all over ths display. Psychadelic OSD :-)
>
> You are hereby nominated as official tester of my theory :-)
>
> Keith
>
> www.diyha.co.uk
> www.kat5.tv

 Terms of Service.