RGB to Component. Ohh Eck.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RGB to Component. Ohh Eck.
  • From: "Rob Mouser" <rmouser@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:58:12 +0100

Have you every heard the expression "If it aint broke don't fix
it!"?

Well as part of the biggest Node '0' rebuild in living history (Well my
history anyway.) I decided I would splash out on a RGB to Component
Converter by JS Technology from Letsautomate
(http://www.letsautomate.com/10895.cfm?)
as it seems to get rave
reviews. I've used it between my Tivo and plasma which previously ran on
RGB (Synch on Composite).

Well all connected up, and.............

The picture was worse! The colours are certainly MUCH brighter but the
picture is really grainy, much worse than it was with RGB. I emailed the
manufacturer and he just replied "You are getting more signal, adjust
the sharpness setting on your plasma".

Well I've tried that but the picture is still poor.

Any one got any clues? Anyone else got the unit?

Ho hum!

Many thanks

Rob