RE: Re: Distributing SVGA

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Distributing SVGA
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 20:09:04 +0100

Can you explain the difference between ?4 per meter and ?200 for 50 meters?

By my calculation Maplin are charging exactly the same as CPC with the
benefit that you dont have to buy the full 50 metres.

At work for some plasma screens we use ready made VGA cables in lengths of
upto 25 metres. The 15HD connectors are molded to the cable and the quality
is excellent. I cant remember the make but they are blue in colour and the
cable about 12-15mm in diameter.

For driving multiple displays take a look at www.vinemicros.com for
splitters. Just noticed they also do cables.

Use the lowest refresh rate that gives you a good flicker free image.
Modern
Graphics cards can now go up to silly refresh rates. The higher the
resolution and refresh rate, the higher the bandwidth requirements for the
signal. On short leads this does not cause problems but as you increase the
length of cable it leads to a softening and blurring of the image.

HTH.

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv