LIRC and RC5x

Hi there,

Just a quick sharing in case it is of interest to anyone else.  I have
got LIRC (Linux - not WinLIRC) to interpret RC5x codes (I also use it
with Frank's FirM). Why is this important?  Because as others have
pointed out, RC5x allows conveyance of a data code in the IR code and
this is very useful say in selecting albums (data code indicates album)
>from

Of course those using IPAq's will say so what, there are easy ways - but
I like my Pronto :-)

Cheers
Shane