RE: F-type Chasis Mount Socket

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: F-type Chasis Mount Socket
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 21:28:55 +0100

Hi Rob,

Normally you get a ring washer with a tab to solder the screen to.

I cant tell what is differnet between the "Panel Mount" and
"Bulkhead Mount"
versions other than one is 2p more than the other so that could be the one
with the solder tag but it doesnt mention it.

If this is for a Patch Panel the normal method is to use
"Thru-Couplers" and
use an F-Connector to connect the fixed cable behind the panel.

If you are making some sort of switcher or distribution amp then use a
metal
box as the common for all connections

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk