Re: Local IR Distribution

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ant" <ant@xxxxxxx>

> The Powermid setup is a cheap and viciously effective broadband
infra-red
> jammer. However for the purpose of distributing IR signals, it's about
as
> much use as tits on a boar. You can simulate the effect of owning and
> operating them without the outlay by simply a) repeatedly punching
yourself
> in the face and then b) spending your whole life running up and down
stairs.

:-D

My powermids worked fine in my old house. They aren't so effective in the
new
one, for some reason - they only work from certain upstairs rooms but not
others. They *can* be an easy way to distribute IR though, assuming you
don't
have a wife who insists on placing things directly in front of the receiver
unit...

Having said that, I am planning to replace them!