Re: Should a US X10 remote be compatible?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Should a US X10 remote be compatible?
  • From: "Chris Malme" <ChrisM@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:04:26 -0000

Oh well, you learn something every day. The US gear actually runs on
310 Mhz.

The people in the States who sold it to me weren't aware of the
problem either (and having received an extremely nice email from
them, I believe them), but hopefully they will check in future,
should someone order from the UK. It really is not worth returning
the goods for a refund, as the cost would outweight the value.

A little research tonight shows that the problem can be hacked by
using a US transceiver, converted to 240 volts. I am not sure if I am
up to the job, so I may just have to write it off to experience.

I may advertise them on Ebay, with a suitable warning - there
obviously are people running US frequency kit over here.

If anyone here is interested in taking them off my hands at a cheap
price, drop me a line, offlist. I have a UR74A Learning Remote (X10 +
4 x IR channels) and 3 MS16A External Sensors.

Chris

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Robert Welsh" <bob-ukha@s...>