Hi to everyone from a new member

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Hi to everyone from a new member
  • From: "James Daniel" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 19:42:43 -0000

Hi,

Just like to say a quick hello to everyone on the list. I've had a
steadily growing interest in home automation for a couple years now,
which developed from a love of gadgets. I am currently at Durham
University studying law, and being a student means I have to live with
my parents, limiting my HA plans somewhat! Long term, I hope to do a
fully HA loaded self-build.

I am looking at starting a small HA business in my local area to run
during university holidays. I am not bothered about making a lot of
money from the business - as long as it supplies me with a bit of beer
money and something to do in the holidays I'll be more than happy. It
will mainly target the lower end of the market - helping customers who
don't share our interest in all things HA with X-10, wireless networks,
IR distribution systems and so on. Any comments, suggestions etc with
regard to this would be most appreciated!

I look forward to learning from and contributing to the discussions that
take place on the list.

Regards,

James