Re: Digital audio over CAT5 cables... a KAT5 solution!!!

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Digital audio over CAT5 cables... a KAT5 solution!!!
  • From: "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 21:27:59 -0000

The fact I plugged in the cables, and the sound started coming out
the speakers counts as "work well" for me.

I can't really comment on whether it adds things like jitter to the
stream, however, because I have a bizarre setup including a mastering
processor in between the digital source switch and the surround
processor. That mastering processor handles everything from jitter-
smoothing to resampling/quantisation (using interpolation) of PCM
stuff.

The reason I'm "more than pleased" is that, because it works, I
have
a lot of extra flexibility all of a sudden about which boxes go
where. I would like to rearrange the room so that hi-fi rack 1 goes
at one end and hi-fi rack 2 goes at the other. Using KAT5 to turn the
network points into a LONG digital lead opens up a lot of options for
me.

Namely, I can put all sources and the input switch at one end, and
the processor and power amps at the other.

Regards,

Mark