Re: Belated Hi my name is - and first question

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Belated Hi my name is - and first question
  • From: "flipsidegroup" <mailing@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:14:48 -0000

My plan is this , i have a 3 storey town house teh top floor contains
a small box room in which i have what is known locally as my cave in
which i have a central machine and the adsl connection shared via a 4
port router , there is a linux box and laptop which get used in there
as well , next door is the spare room in which my girlfriend has her
office (she freelances PR work) so another machine in there and room
to expand would be good , then 1 floor down is the master bedroom and
i plan to put in some access in there for future uses (may as well as
im doing it and its on route from teh floor above to the final room ,
that being the living space where im planning on sticking a small
shuttle box to run teh digitv/dvd/divx etc access in teh living room
controlled from a BTC 5090 keyboard.

Does that make sense ?

I had looked @ wireless though considering i get no orange receptionj
in my house and there is an mast about 60ft down teh road from my
house im not sure about the signal strength especially as it is going
to be used for moving large files around or streaming from room to
room.

I am planning on building some multiroom audio, temp and lighting
controls into the setup in teh future but first i want to get this
network sorted

Cheers

Matt

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Mark McCall" <lists@a...> wrote:
> > Hi all i joined last week sometime but i havent got round to
saying boo
> > yet so here goes
>
> Welcome Matt -  isn't that something people have on their
doorsteps? :)