From: Steve Morgan [mailto:steve@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 11 July 2003 06:56
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Test my MV1000

Keith,

I'm using Dynamic DNS (www.dns2go.com) to map wormpurple.myip.org to
whatever dynamic IP address BTOpenworld chooses to allocate. I've then
set up port redirection on the ADSL router to forward all HTTP traffic
(port 80) to the private IP address I've assigned to the MV1000.

This is just a temporary measure, as I'm migrating from BTOpenworld to
Nildram so I'll get a static IP address. Picking up from the previous
thread on fixed IP broadband, I looked at transferring to Andrews &
Arnold but the options were a little expensive for the migration. It was
going to cost GBP50 + VAT to move my existing engineer-installed Home
500 USB service to their equivalent service which has a monthly cost of
GBP48 + VAT, even though I use an ADSL router, not a USB modem. Then it
was going to cost another GBP50 + VAT to regrade to the equivalent of
the wires-only service at the cheaper monthly rate. With Nildram, I get
to go straight to their Home 500 service for GBP35 + VAT without any
subsequent regrading.

Hope that helps.
Steve