[OT] Not quite what I expected !!!!

  • To: "UKHA Discussion \(E-mail\)" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [OT] Not quite what I expected !!!!
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 21:40:51 +0100

Hi All,

This coming sunday the Channel 4 programme "T4" are holding
"Pop Beach" on
the beach in Great Yarmouth.

I thought it was going to be the typical "Radio One Roadshow"
type of event
where several large trucks arrive at about 6am and set up in a few hours
for
a live broadcast.

I was a bit surprised when they started building a stage on the beach on
TUESDAY.... 5 days before the event!

Last summer I set up a webcam on the seafront and it is currently pointing
at the beach where Pop Beach is taking place.
http://www.greatyarmouthlive.com/webcams/webcam.php
which has images taken
every five minutes. Click on any of the thumbnails for a slightly larger
image.

Anyone on Broadband can access a test page that I created for myself to
keep
an eye on the webcam server.
http://www.kat5.tv/test/webcam.html
This shows a thumbnail and main picture
for every minute so you can see the whole of the last hour on a single very
large page. It the timestamps get frozen in time then it means the cellar
in
The Long Bar has got too bloody hot again and the webcam server has
crashed.
Luckily the images the punters see are served from a proper hosting service
not a cheap PC on the end of ADSL.

More info on the event here...
http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/t4/microsites/P/popbeach/index.html

I get the impression that Yarmouth will be "Gridlock City" on
sunday with
absolutely nowhere to park !!

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk