RE: Different false alarms

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Different false alarms
  • From: "Paul" <groups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:16:17 +0100

Fly spray is very effective in killing them - bloody mess to clear up
afterwards though as there are literally thousands of the buggers. We get
this every year for a few weeks - the surrounding countryside must be a
haven for them. I did some research on them and it turns out they are quite
difficult to get rid of. They get blown in on breezes and tend to fly when
the humidity is high although they’re not good fliers (like before a
thunderstorm - hence thunder flies). Worst thing is they get behind the
glass on all the pictures and even behind the glass on my LCD TV! Not sure
any form of deterrent would work though.

I’ve got a lot of PIR’s so don’t want the expense of
replacing them (and the ones I use are very highly regarded). I think
I’m going to have to go to town with the sealant and seal them
internally. Could be messy though.

Paul.