Rack Location and Access

Hi,

I'm thinking about where to site my node zero as part of planning an
extension and am interested to know what considerations should be
made for rack access (front and rear), ventilation, cabling etc.

I have thought about using a chimney breast in the lounge, with rear
access via the room on the other side of the chimney.  This also
provides a neat route up to the roof via the old flue.  Ventilation
and noise could be a

I could also build a cupboard as part of the extension and would like
to know about best practice for dimensions and location.  Are there
any benefits locating the cupboard upstairs for example?

All the best

Jeremy