RE: DVD backup software

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: DVD backup software
  • From: "Paul" <p-gale@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 18:56:37 +0100

Alex,

You have to be careful with the off-the-shelf DVD copying software - The
stuff I've seen (Pinnacle) only allows you to copy non-copyrighted discs!!!
Obviously bugger all use to most people ;)

I bought a bit of software that does do a 1:1 copy (no compression) called
DVDXCopy and find it great. You can't copy to HDD though and if the
original is a DV9 (dual layer), you have to obviously copy to 2 DVD-R/RW
etc. They also do a prog that does compress to 1 DVD. This is if you want
to make a backup of a DVD though.

There are lots of other ways to rip to HDD (and I'm sure others will post
about that).

Paul.