RE: Re: Stuffed by a lighting circuit

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Stuffed by a lighting circuit
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 22:48:14 +0100

I used to live in a bungalow built in 1968.

The lighting circuit was wired using

Red + Bare Copper in overall grey sheath (single and earth) for live
lighting feeds direct from switch to switch and from switch to ceiling
rose.

Black in overall grey sheath (single) for neutral from ceiling rose to
ceiling rose.

The only T&E in use was between 2 way switches.

What should have been a simple job to install an outside light turned into
wiring job from hell. In the loft there was conduit dropping to all the
light switches. Simple task to pull another wire in methinks. WRONG. The
B****** who installed the conduit stopped about two inches short of the box
and kinked the cables in the plaster. Had to hack a load of wall out to
enable me to get the other cable in. Add to this the fact that the loft end
of the conduit was right against the eaves and I was undertaking this job
in
the long hot summer of '76. I could only stay in the loft for about 5-10
minutes at a time due to the incredible heat. :-(

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv

sheathed