Large LCD TV's

  • To: "Ukha_D" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Large LCD TV's
  • From: "Alex Monaghan" <ha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 12:56:43 +0100

I've read the recent posts on LCD TV's. Anyone got one know much about the
newer large >30" LCT TV's ?

We looked at wide screen CRT's and then SWMBO saw a plasma and really liked
the fact it was so thin, but I'd not finished the lounge at the time (still
not finished due to sickness and shed loads of family commitments).

With plasma, there's concern over screen burn from channel logos, do LCD's
suffer the same fate ? My kids will watch a bit of TV and then leave the
room, but not bother to ask anyone to switch off the TV (HA solution ?)

I saw a Samsung in Currys the other day, but this was not really setup well
(bottom shelf of the display with the smaller LCD TV's) and we were in a
rush, so no time to talk to anyone, but the display seemed OK in passing.