RE: Sky+ at node zero

The Dolby Digital output from Sky+ is a digital signal and is not
compatible in any way with the Kat5 units (shame because I have about 16
Kat5's !!!). You'll need to route it via another method. Someone here
(can't remember who) has sent the digital signal over standard Cat5 (after
converting it to coax digital signal from the Sky+ optical out). They said
it works but can be prone to interference from lighting circuits etc. I've
got the bits but just haven't had the time to connect it up yet.

Feeding S-Video into Kat5 is easy - just need to get a S-Video to SCART
cable (make sure it's the right way around i.e. SVid TO SCART) or make one
up yourself (but much easier to buy).

Are you sure the TV out SCART connector is only RGB and composite (no
S-Video)? I'm not sure as I use a custom Kat5 RGB unit to send RGB to my
amp in the AV Room, I then convert to YUV (Component) as my amp has
component switching and then route that into my plasma screen.

If you're using Kat5 units, they also send stereo audio so you can send
this to other rooms as well :-)

I wouldn't bother distributing anything via RF - but then I am a sucker for
quality!

Paul.