newbie on lighting control

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: newbie on lighting control
  • From: "im6stew" <im6stew@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 15:43:14 -0000

hi all

I am about to move into a new house and i am currently getting things
rdy to add automated control of AV and lighting etc. The house has
been emptied and the plumbers , electricans are now in. The house has
been rewired and now has 4 or 5 mains rings but the ends are not
terminated and no wall plates are in position.(electrcian is waiting
on my directions!!)

My problem is that although i have researched around and found loads
of usefull info, i still dont fully understand the mechanics of
lighting control. I am looking to have lighting control and scene
setting capabilities but dont want to have unsightly wall plates in
each room.

>From what i can gather, I think I should be looking to use a consumer
unit located at the beaker panel to house 4 DIN RAIL modules. Each of
these modules would control the ceiling lights in each of the mains
rings. ??? however i am not sure whethere i then need additional
hardware or wherether this would work ??

any comments or pointers would be welcomed

Rory