Re: SonyEricsson P800 or T610

Paul wrote:
> This is sort of on topic as I want to make more of my CCTV cameras and
want to view them remotely as well as get info on my home status (via HV,
ACE or HS). I’m also experimenting with Philip Coombes’ Zone
Minder s/w for looking at the CCTV pics via WAP and/or HTML.

> I currently have a T68i which is OK but wanted a bigger screen and
even more functionality. The T610 looks cool and the P800 too although too
big (and more expensive). Anyone got a T610 (and even better, and can
compare it to T68i)?

I haven't used the T610, or even seen one IRL yet, but it's certainly
what I'm looking to replace my T68i with.

As far as SonyEricsson are concerned, the T610 is the replacement model
for the T68i.

I've used a p800, and personally I couldn't stand it at all; I was using
it (or attempting to) as more than a phone, and expecting top rate pda
functionality etc, I was sorely disappointed by the input method, the
actual software and the stability of the handset as a whole (this was a
production model with a version of software that was then upgraded
making no real difference to the stability, not an engineering sample)

However, I know Ken uses one as a phone and is happy with it for that
purpose.

Gerard currently has a T610 so hopefully he'll chime in with something
useful about it :)

--
Doogie